Apple Original 802.11b Wireless Airport Card, 661-2219, 825-4593,630-2883, 661-2549, 600-9236, 825-4889, 825-5620, M7600LL/C, M7600LL/E, M7600, M7600LL, M7600LL/A, M7600LL/B, M7600LL/D
Beginning with the slot loading iMac and the iBook, this Airport Card was used in most G3 and G4 computers, PowerBooks and iBooks.
Compatibility iMac (Slot Loading), iMac (Summer 2000), iMac (Early 2001), iMac (Summer 2001) all require a carrier/holder (not included).
iMac (15″ Flat Panel, All Versions), iMac (17-inch Flat Panel 800mhz only), eMac (Summer 2002), iBook (All models, except G4), Power Mac G4 (AGP)/ Power Mac G4 Cube/ Power Mac G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)/ Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio)/ Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver)/ Power Mac G4 (QuickSilver 2002)/ Power Mac G4 (Mirrored Drive Doors non-Firewire 800 models), PowerBook G3 (FireWire / Pismo), PowerBook G4 (Titanium), PowerBook G4 (Gigabit Ethernet), PowerBook G4 (DVI), PowerBook G4 (1GHz/867 MHz)
Note that many of the G3 iMacs require an adapter or carrier, that is sold separately.
Connect wirelessly at speeds up to 54M bit/sec!
The Airport Extreme Card is the second generation of wireless networking, allowing your Mac to achieve data rates nearly 5 times faster than the original Airport card. The Airport Extreme Card uses 802.11g standards and is backwards compatible to use 802.11b or 80211g wireless networks.
· The AirPort Extreme Card can be installed only in computers that are AirPort Extreme ready. AirPort Extreme Cards cannot be used in AirPort-ready computers with an AirPort Card slot.
· Requires Mac OS X 10.2.7 or later and AirPort Admin Utility software version 3.1.1 or later to administer an AirPort Extreme Base Station.
· Wireless printing over USB requires Mac OS X v10.2.7 or later.
Compatibility from Apple here includes:
• Power Mac G5
• Power Mac G4 (FW 800)
• PowerBook G4 (12-inch)
• PowerBook G4 (12-inch DVI)
• PowerBook G4 (15-inch FW800)
• PowerBook G4 (17-inch)
• PowerBook G4 (17-inch 1.33GHz)
• iMac G4 (17-inch 1GHz)
• iMac G4 (USB 2.0)
• iMac G5 (All models)
• iBook G4
• eMac (ATI Graphics) * using 10.2.3 or later
• eMac (USB 2.0)
Please research your own Mac for proper compatibility.
This AirPort Extreme Card is not compatible with the Mac Pro or the Power Mac G5 Dual and Power Mac G5 Quad computers.
Note that the used Airport Extreme cards will NOT come in an Apple box as shown above, just the card.
Intel iMac Airport Extreme
Apple 661-3874, 603-8029-A
Number on Card: 020-5053-A, BMC94311MCAG
1.83 & 2.0GHz
iMac (Early 2006 17-inch)
iMac (Early 2006 20-inch)
iMac (Mid 2006 17-inch)